How to Choose a Gold IRA Company
Starting a Gold IRA is one of the smartest moves you can make in order to protect your savings in today’s troubled economic times.
While many people have lost their entire lifesavings because they invested in risky financial assets, those who have invested in gold have seen the value of their savings rise during the recent economic turmoil.
Choosing the Right Custodian
The first step to getting your secure Gold IRA set up is choosing a Gold IRA company to manage your account. This “custodian” as they are called will perform three essential tasks for you:
- Buy the gold the IRS approves
- Set up a self-directed IRA
- Store the gold somewhere safe
Additionally, some custodians can even help you rollover an existing IRA into a Gold IRA without receiving any tax penalties that can take a chunk out of your savings.
I can’t stress enough how important it is for you to pick a qualified, competent, customer service oriented Gold IRA company.
Below you’ll find a chart detailing several of the most well known Gold IRA companies and various statistics pertaining to them.
Finding a Trustworthy Gold IRA Company
When it comes to finding the right custodian to manage your Gold IRA factors such as honesty, integrity, and an excellent track record are very important.
There are some bad apples out there who have been accused of fraud, scams, and bad business practices. Some have even had legal injunctions filed against them.
Choosing the wrong gold IRA company can end up costing you tens of thousands of dollars.
You should always do your due diligence and research a company’s history and track record. I have quite a few reviews of various gold custodians (and other gold related businesses) here on the site to help you with this.
There are several ways you can make sure a Gold IRA company isn’t a scammer, here are a few important factors to look for:
- Check to see if they are accredited with the BBB (Better Business Bureau)
- Check their BBB score
- Check their rating with the BCA (Business Consumer Alliance)
- Check their rating with TrustLink
Services, Fees, and More
In addition to being trustworthy, a Gold IRA company needs to meet several other criteria as well. Here are a few other factors you should look for:
- They do Gold IRA rollovers (if you have an existing IRA)
- They allow you to invest in other precious metals besides gold
- They keep track of changing market conditions for gold and other precious metals
- They have secure storage facilities to keep your gold safe
- They have good delivery, buy back, and guarantee policies
- They offer flat fee for you account (as opposed to a scaling fee which can rip you off)
Something else to keep in mind is that just because a company allows you to buy gold doesn’t mean they are an actual Gold IRA company that will set up and manage your account.
Don’t end up buying gold from a company then come to realize that they’re not going to create and manage an IRA for you. Many people have made this mistake unfortunately.
My Personal Recommendation
Let me wrap things up here by giving you my own personal recommendation based on the extensive research that I’ve done on gold IRA companies.
Regal Assets is a company that has built a good name for itself in the gold investment industry over the past 50 years. If you’re looking for a company with a good reputation and exemplary track record you won’t find better.
They have a:
- Perfect score with the BBB
- Perfect score with the BCA
- Perfect score with TrustLink
They have also had no complaints since March 2013 (as of this writing) and have only had two complaints in the past 3 years, something virtually unheard of in the gold investment industry.
On top of the trust factor, Regal Assets offers several perks you would be hard-pressed to find anywhere else:
- They buy back products at spot price so you don’t get ripped off
- They have a 7 day deliver policy on all gold, silver, and platinum so you have fast access to your assets
- Your assets are delivered via insured mail for smaller packages while larger shipments are delivered via Brinks armored delivery service and escorted by armed guards.
- They have an industry leading flat fee and will even cover your first year expenses for you
Regal Assets is well known for its dedication to keeping up with the gold and precious metals market so that they can always give you the best advice for your account and ensure that it stays profitable.
If you’re thinking about starting your own Gold IRA to protect your savings from the threat of hyperinflation and the failing US dollar, Regal Assets is ready to help.
In addition to their exceptional track record and reputation, they are also endorsed by big names such as Alan Thicke, Lars Larson, Jerry Doyle, Dennis Miller, and more.
Right now Regal Assets is offering a FREE gold investment kit to help you learn the basics of gold investment and how to protect your savings in a Gold IRA.
Click Here to get your FREE gold investors kit now and see how you can protect your savings from today’s volatile economic climate.